Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patty's.


Yesterday I had something fun planned for St. Patrick's Day. Instead, I woke up late. And then did Robs' hair. And found two sets of something green to wear. And served three breakfasts (four really), packed one lunch... and got two pirates to school on time. And on the way home to my dirty kitchen, cluttered hallway and unmade bed - I remembered that I'd completely forgotten Erik's library book for the second week in a row. 

The mother of five years ago would have cringed - and possibly melted into a mess of self doubt. (Thank goodness I've aged.) Instead I packed my mini-pirates under two blankets, gave Squísh an apple and met a friend for a run. It was breezy, and blustery, with foreboding clouds in the distance. And so much better than dishes. 

I did do the dishes though - later in the day whilst the storm blew through. But when Robs got home it was still blustering, so we packed our towels and spent the afternoon swimming. 

Robs wore green goggles.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to us!


0 comments:

Post a Comment