Wednesday, February 5, 2014

middle initials


I never gave our girls middle names. At first it wasn't a problem, but then Robs started school and realized she was lacking that all important middle initial. "Mom," she asked, "why don't I have a middle name?" My answer was terribly lackluster.

"Because I never had one - and I turned out alright." (I followed it with a huge, cheesy grin.)

But Robs was not convinced, so I told her what her middle name would have been had I decided to give her one seven years earlier. She thought about it, and said something like "That's nice, Mom. But can we change it to Aviva?" 

Robs Aviva lasted for about half a day, before we changed it again. And again. And again. And when Squísh asked for her own invisible middle name, our ideas got bigger and better. Before we knew it, everyone had a whopper of a middle initial. 

Which is right where I found our darling Emerdiddydiddydiddy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment