Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Today was gorgeous. We finished grocery shopping before the store was anywhere near crowded. We ran a couple errands. I volunteered at school with the pirates. We ate a healthy lunch. And we played outside... (wearing sunglasses.)


But on the way to my doctor's office my mom called. (I knew it couldn't be good so I answered.) Squísh had stopped a bat with her eye (sans sunglasses), so I turned around and made it home in record time. I cancelled two appointments and made another. (Squísh's eye checked out fine - praise be.) But Steve won't be home until very late, and now Squísh reminds me of an injured baby bird. All I want to do is hold her and take a nap. 

But I have to make dinner.
Just keepin' it real.

2 comments:

  1. I wish it was the animal kind of bat and not the beat your eye to a pulp kind of bat. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where a household full of servants a la downton abbey would be helpful. You could hold your baby bird and someone else could fix the blasted dinner. Also, I've been meaning to tell you this without sounding weird, but your teeth look gorgeous. You're previously dazzling smile just got dazzling-er. ;)

    ReplyDelete