Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm convinced he's a southern gentleman.

Erikboy tells me he loves me. Every day. Several times a day. (I respond with all the reasons I adore him, of course.) He says 'Please.' He says 'Thank You.' He closes the toilet seat. He loves cars, trucks, toys, guns, and anything manly. He teases his sisters but loves them to no end. He tells me he loves the snow and in the same breath tells me how he despises the cold. And he always has. Yesterday we were driving Robs to school. It was six degrees outside. "Mom," Erikboy said, "I thought it was supposed to be summer after New Year's. But it's still cold." (Poor thing. He's in for a surprise.) I told him it'd start to get warm in April... and then explained how long it would be until we actually found April. Last winter was mild. This year has made up for it times ten. Last year we had full days outside to help soften the blow of moving from warm to cold. This year has done quite the opposite. 


In the rear view mirror I could see him contemplating the information.  It was a short drive home, but he was quiet the whole way. As we closed the garage door and walked inside he turned to me. "Mom," he said, "This is the best day ever. Will you play cars with me?" (I love him and I love his charm.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment