Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DAY TWO:

We took ourselves on a bike ride yesterday- it was part of our GRAND SPRING BREAK PLAN.  
And since Enriqueboy is still down exactly one bicycle, he and Squish rode in the stroller. 


At first Robs walked her bike up the big hills, both up and down- 
but all it took was one sneaky hill and she realized she could ride them.  
...aaaand the rest was history.


Once she figured it out, she flew down the hills.  Her favorite parts were the turns- where she'd yell into the wind, "I am so good at turning!" and then inevitably zoom off to find something else she could rock.


It's always been fun seeing her milestones- but watching her find the freedom! the love! the joy! of life on two wheels has been great.


Afterwards we came home to popsicles. 
Enriqueboy and I prefer them cut up in a bowl, while Robs takes them whole.  
I offered her some, but Squish prefers smoothies.


And then, as these things go... we met the neighbors who live behind us-
and they're awesome. 

Their youngest girl is Robs' age, (PERFECT)
and they have a trampoline that all three pirates love and adore.

While they were jumping, I heard Enriqueboy say to Robs
"I feel like I'm at home.  This feels like I'm in Louisiana!"

And then I kind of melted. 

Because we love being out here. We love the weather. We love the family. 
There are so many things we love about our move...
But I've known all along that Enriqueboy still misses Louisiana.
And as crazy as it sounds, we all kind of do.

He just misses the trampoline too.

4 comments:

  1. AWE!!! Louisiana misses that little buddy too:) But yah, sounds like you need a trampoline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do. And friends too... I'm thinking about praying some here... :) How do you feel about moving to Utah? ;)

      Delete