Thursday, April 12, 2012

RED ROCKET.

It seems time has taken a break from it's usual frantic pace, and slowed down a bit.  I'm not used to it, and yesterday I kept checking my head to see if it was Wednesday.  It was! Every single time!  I was so grateful.  

Usually it's Thursday, and five minutes later it's Sunday and five minutes later we're running slightly behind.  

Last Sunday (Easter Sunday) Enriqueboy panicked when he found out we were headed to church.  He got dressed because I promised jelly beans- but followed me around the house with all his reasons of why he didn't want to go.   At the very TOP of the list (and most frequent) was that people were going to say his name. I told him he might get lucky- and have absolutely no one say hi... he didn't believe me. Eventually we cajoled him into coming- and arrived five minutes late.

In Church, when you're new, the names of everyone in your your family are read from the pulpit so the whole congregation can put a name to a face as they turn in their seats to get a good look.  And even though we've been here a month...

Our names weren't read until Sunday... As we arrived five minutes late.  First came Steve's, then Robs, and as luck would have it, they read Enriqueboy's name as he and I were walking through the center of the room.  (We'd staggered our entry a bit to avoid a parade.)  
He let me have it when we got to our pew:

"THEY. SAID. MY. NAAAAME!"

To say it was choreographed does the event no justice. 
It was perfect.


Catching the pirates in their natural habitat was perfect too.  I dropped the diaper I was carrying to grab my camera before the moment passed me by.  


But time is relaxing a bit this week, so the moment seemed to hover while I savored it all.

I LOVE THESE PIRATES.


After a morning of books and yogurt, we got dressed to do some shopping.
At Deseret Industries we found:
A piano.
A guitar.
An organ. 
A pale blue typewriter.
Several antique trucks in a glass case
and the one (and only) item we purchased.  
(It will be making it's debut here in a little while...)



Afterwards we found a bicycle for Enriqueboy which we lovingly named THE RED ROCKET.  We came home to put it together and finished just as the storm we'd been promised started blowing in.  Enriqueboy took THE RED ROCKET out for the last few minutes of ride-able weather and declared his love for the new set of wheels as the wind whipped around.  (...Something about how this one has "No princess stickers anywhere!")  
His patient little soul has wheels, once again!     

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog.
    And I love this post! How perfectly timed and hilarious!
    I can't believe how much they've changed (esp Mae) in a year! They're adorable, and it reminds me to savor my kids even more each day since time is flying.
    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete