Monday, August 22, 2011

'Twas the Night Before...

It's official.
Robs is in kindergarten.


This morning she
boarded the train to adult life...
and this morning I am
old.

Yesterday
(My last official day of youthfulness...)
We played cars. Read books. Rode bikes.
Ate homemade pizza and popsicles.
And right after bath, but just before bedtime...
We laughed our little heads off.
And then my pirates fell to sleep discussing life's mysteries:
For example, why the jumbo blow up slide from yesterday had to deflate.
(Erik's question.)
And what exactly warrants a visit to the Principal's office.
(Robyn's worst possible scenario.)

And even though there is a monstrous giant duel inside my head...
About kindergarten... and my pirates actually growing up.
(It's no longer theoretical...)

I'm so excited for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment