Monday, July 18, 2016

Prime.








It was a busy weekend with friends! Friends! Friends! I made a list of all the things we needed to do this weekend. Complete with little boxes next to each item. We checked off exactly one of them. We didn't do so great at efficiency... but the weekend was a good one.

On Friday our littles played with the visiting grandkids nextdoor. They have a family reunion each year, and over the past couple of years they've become very good friends. (It's one of the things my kids look forward to each summer. Which I find humorous... we love our family reunions. And we love our neighbor's family reunions!)

And then on Saturday we drove up to Salt Lake for a barbecue with a couple of Steve's co-workers and their families. I hear so much about them, it was fun to finally meet them and spend the evening talking. And the neighborhood was gorgeous. Robs and Mae squealed at a couple of the houses, and how they looked like they were straight out of fairy tales. (Some day I'd love to live in a neighborhood with that kind of character!)

And then on Sunday we went to my parents' house. (I wanted to see what time has the best light.) Their backyard is pretty amazing - and everyone knows it, which means there's often someone there to talk to - or meet for the first time. (Sometimes my littles feel friendly, and sometimes they watch from inside.) Sunday was a bit of both. 

I love summers in Utah. And the light is prime right around eight o' clock.

0 comments:

Post a Comment