Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sinking praises.


A couple years ago a friend of mine posted about her single basin sink. A single basin sink she'd had, mind you, because her post was mourning the loss. I filed it away in the mess of my mind. But the following summer my kitchen exploded. Mold. Bugs. The works. It was awful.

My mind was not working well that summer. The floor, that should have taken only an afternoon to install took fourteen hours. It took at least three attempts to install the cupboard hinges, and the quarter round trim? Trying to cut it right, almost sent me over the edge. I thought I was losing my mind.

But when I had to replace the sink "SINGLE BASIN" stepped proudly from the rubble, and never looked back.

I love this sink dearly. It hides almost a full dishwasher's load of dishes. Squísh's dolphins think it's an aquarium, and Em has plenty of room to stretch.

This sink was the silver lining to the whole mess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment