Tuesday, January 6, 2015

true story

Yesterday afternoon Squísh played quietly for over an hour. Before shutting her door nicely, she told me that was what she wanted. Just she, her bunnies, her horses and her dolphins. Em kept me company as we straightened the house, and Robs and Erik played cars with a friend. It was grand until evening struck. And then Squísh came downstairs. Em got hungry. The friend went home. And I got so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. (I'd only slept about four hours the night before.) Luckily I'd put dinner on earlier in the day. But even that preparation was no match for the pirates and their bouncing off the walls. I tried to keep calm. But I kept hearing rude jokes. And arguing. And right as we were about to sit down (Sit?...yeeeeeehright!) Squísh declared the dinner to be the very worst ever, and raisin-bran-sounded-better-thank-you-very-much. I think I blew my top only once, but I definitely did excuse Robs and Erik from the table because they were laughing so hard I couldn't hear Em's crying. And she was in the chair right next to me. (She didn't like the dinner, but she did like the raisin bran.)


Somehow we survived. We had our Family Home Evening. (One down, fifty one to go.) And when I put the pirartes to bed I silently prayed the time between lights out and sunup would be enough for me to find them adorable again in the morning. I'm sure it will be. 

1 comment:

  1. Christine! You can make it! You are a great lady and a great mom, and you have great kids.... Please reassure me of the same thing when I have 4 children between the ages of 8 and 1. ( By then you will probably chuckle and know just how fun the road ahead of me is going to be) Love you!

    ReplyDelete