Thursday, January 8, 2015

boys and girls

On Monday afternoon I was putting Em down for a nap. She had just barely dozed off, when I heard Robs and Erik arguing downstairs. I waited to see if they could figure it out by themselves, but it was starting to escalate, so I put Em down as quick as I could and walked downstairs. (Em stayed asleep, bless my lucky stars!) All three pirates were at the table drawing, but Erik the rabble rouser, would not stop burping. And Robs' sensitive ears couldn't handle it any longer. 

My heavens. I laughed and sent him outside.


But then a couple minutes later I found the projects they'd been working on... and I laughed even harder. Boys and girls are soooooo different. 

(For the record: Erik's talents extend far beyond fake burps and daily planning. Erik thinks things through, notices details, and has this uncanny, perfect blend of being level-headed and competitive. He tells me he loves me daily. And once, when he thought I was sleeping he came over and whispered in my ear "I love you more than anything in this world." Word for word. I am the luckiest mama.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment