Tuesday, September 2, 2014

...and he's so darn sweet.


Yesterday I got back from a run. Erikboy had just come inside to find a snack. I said hello and then walked off to do something. I overheard him talking to Steve, "We played soccer. And then we played football and basketball. And then we rode our penny boards..." The list went on - but I was out of earshot. I don't think this child ever stops. Ever.

Two Saturdays ago he spent the entire day outside. As in, first thing in the morning until two minutes before our evening meal. So after dinner I suggested he stay inside and do something he hadn't yet done that day... for example, sit down. His face melted as he tried to think of a worse idea. He couldn't - so the two of us ended up outside. We walked through the garage. He grabbed a basketball and hopped on a skateboard that had been lying on the ground. He talked and I listened to his adventures of the day as he dribbled the ball and skateboarded the length of our driveway, back and forth, back and forth.

Dribbling AND skateboarding AND talking. After a full day of never stopping once.

2 comments:

  1. I cant say I'm surprised. With a mom like you and a dad like Steve I think all your children are bound to love constant motion and playing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our boys are two peas in a pod. If I had all the money in the world, I'd buy you the house next door with a great big 'ol basement and our boys could raise each other. Meanwhile, you'll have to settle for the adorable house with the beautiful light and day trips to our pool.

    ReplyDelete