Tuesday, August 27, 2013

pickles! pickles! pickles!


As of yesterday I hadn't gone grocery shopping in over two weeks. The pantry had assorted items, of course - but nothing that could sort itself into a meal. So when the plumber came and fixed up our kitchen sink with running water - I figured it was time for food too. (I've never been so excited to make dinner.) I wandered the aisles picking all the foods I knew we couldn't live without: spinach, apples, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, milk, cheese... I even picked up frozen mangoes. (Smoothies!) It was joyous. I purchased the food, put it all into our auto, and closed the trunk door. The handle came with me. I could tell from the loud snap there was no sense worrying about it right then. So I chuckled and drove home. To our fully functional kitchen. (Minus a backsplash, several coats of paint, cupboard doors, hinges, trim-work, and a deep, deep cleaning.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment