Wednesday, July 3, 2013

escaping.


We escaped to the river yesterday. It was too hot outside for anything else. But this time we brought a duck with us (to brave the rapids) and a rope (to reel him back in.) We tied it in a double knot, but the duck was bent on adventuring and took off down the river three times. On the third time we were pretty sure he was gone... and then we found him in between two rocks just a little ways down. I considered it fortuitous... as the spot was perfect and we would have never found it on our own. 


We left an hour later, and I double checked to make sure Erikboy had the duck. (He did.) And then I helped Squísh up the mini-cliff and got distracted with the six other things going on. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the duck sitting on a log (where he'd been placed until I got there) but I didn't remember until we were out of the canyon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment