Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Breakfast with Squísh


For the past two weeks we've had family visiting from out of town. We've been to picnics, and parks, and pools, and so busy playing there's not been much time for anything else. We're living, eating, and breathing S-U-M-M-E-R... and we love it. 

But this morning I found myself at breakfast with Squísh - and only Squísh. (The other two pirates were off on adventures of their own.) I'd just finished a run, so we enjoyed our toast with a glass of milk and the breeze blowing in the window. I asked her all kinds of questions. She'd answer, and then point out little things I hadn't noticed (like her red dolly sitting by the basket.) We spilled milk. We wiped it up. We finished our toast. And then went to get dressed. (We brought the red dolly with us.)

...a perfect little summer morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment