Friday, April 26, 2013

He loves wheels.


Less than six months after Erikbear started walking I found a five dollar bike at a garage sale... aaaand the rest was history. He rode it forwards. He rode it backwards. (It didn't have brakes.) He rode it in circles and figure eights. Through puddles. Over rocks. Everywhere.  I remember being amazed because he was still very much my baby.

Fast forward to this week when he came tearing inside to say he needed to show me something. (He was still wearing his watermelon helmet.) I followed him outside and watched as he bunny-hopped our curb. Over and over. Up and down. (The picture doesn't do the trick justice - he gets some pretty good height.) I kind of saw this one coming. Luckily, he's really good about wearing his helmet. 

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah. I hate that google reader isn't working anymore.... I had to catch up on your blog, which was fun, but I'm sad I can't get it on googlereader (why?) Anyway, as always I love reading your posts and seeing what your cute family is doing. That picture with all three kids on the bed? Priceless. So perfect. I am hoping and hoping for your foot to heal so you can get back to running. And I also want to live in the middle of nowhere with fields and a just-right house and a dog. Maybe your nowhere should be close to mine? I do have a dog so one dream at a time I suppose. :) I hope you are having beautiful Spring weather to lift your spirits! Ours is finally looking like the warm will stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your post, Squish on the Verge, and, as I did when you posted the pic on Instagram, I laughed uncontrollably for a good five minutes. It's a good thing I was alone otherwise some might think me crazy. I don't know why it makes me laugh but I needed a little levity this morning. Love your blog, I must learn your ways oh wise one :)

    ReplyDelete