Thursday, March 21, 2013

seamless


Last week I decided our floor needed mopped. (It was an impromptu decision after I found forty five minutes to spare.) I took the benches, chairs and stools from the kitchen and moved them around the corner to our front room. When I asked the pirates to stay within the carpeted boundaries I watched their eyes light up with all the possibilities. Beds. Forts. Prisons. Tunnels... endless really. I handed Robs a king-size blanket, a couple kitchen clips and the four of us, respectively, went to work. A half an hour later I was finished with not a single footprint to be found. The pirates were still going strong.  Robs and Erikbear love forts. Squish loved it too... right up until her head got stuck under a chair, but by that time I'd already finished. Seamlessly moving us all through work and play is fun. It rarely happens, but I love it when it does.

And then as I was upstairs getting ready for the day, Erikboy seamlessly put all the benches, chairs, and stools back by HIMSELF. (I told him how incredible he really is and then smooched his fluffy bedhead.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment