Monday, October 1, 2012

twenty six point two


Steve finished his first marathon! It was life changing. I woke up at 1:16 a.m., thinking it was 4:00 a.m. (It wasn't.) I fell back to sleep at three something, and then woke up six minutes to four. Steve was already up and ready for the race. We (two of my sisters, Steve and myself) caught the first bus... and then froze our petucci's off on Antelope Island. At 6:30 in the morning we started running... and didn't stop until we'd passed out from the awful smell, served breakfast to six thousand gluttonous mosquitoes and crossed the blessed, blessed finish line. On our way home we stopped for food, counted our bug bites (Steve has two, I have ten) and laughed at how the day had gone. Life is fun. But from now on, I'll research my marathons...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you two!!! Especially Steve. You da man!!! And Christine, I'm muy impressed that you did another marathon so close to the one that was harder than you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete