Monday, August 20, 2012

twenty of us.


It's the last day of summer. Officially. School starts tomorrow morning! Summer flew by so fast- I thought for sure I'd have us on a schedule by this time. But I don't... not even when I'm thinking optimistically. We've been much too busy having fun to worry about silly things. Like schedules. Last Wednesday we drove to Zion National Park. On Thursday we hiked to the top of the world and sweated like it was our job. On Friday I got to see a friend that I haven't seen in years and enjoyed my time so much, things like cameras and photos never even crossed my mind. (Next summer?) In the afternoon we met Robs' FIRST GRADE teacher. On Saturday I ran entirely too many miles (completely crazy) and had lunch with my entire family (completely awesome.) Afterwards, all twenty of us drove to the canyon and iced our feet in the river. (...completely delightful.) On Sunday we went to church, had delicious dinner- and said goodbye to aunts, uncles, and cousins. Five minutes after the van drove away, Robs informed me she would be "completely bored" until next summer. I laughed... but I can understand. After this weekend- a schedule normal pace seems almost monotonous! 

1 comment:

  1. It was SOsosososoSOOOOOO good to see you!! I'm still a little bit in shock over it all. Thanks so much for coming over to surprise me. You're an amazing friend! 11 years and counting!

    ReplyDelete