Thursday, May 10, 2012

right now.

If I absolutely had to choose a favorite time of day... and it couldn't be having lunch with Erikboy, or seeing Robs right after school, or rocking Squish to sleep...

...then I'd choose the hour right after dinner. (On the nights I'm not washing dishes. Hello.) Because dinner is done, the pirates are fed, and the evening light is soft.  And because I lay down on the carpet, the pirates pile on top and hilarity almost always ensues.


Most nights our hilarity moves in stages. Yesterday, for example, we started with a pile of pirates and then moved to watching Squish walk. And because we haven't gotten over the awe of her on two feet- we still cheer like her biggest fans. Our cheering brought in Steve... which inevitably evolved into wrestling.  And when Steve was finally done- Erikboy calmed things down with the piano.  And then we went to the library.


I remember life before this little family - and I certainly remember the freedom and ease... I remember loving it. But I love this more. I love my pile of pirates, and my husband who wrestles them. And if I absolutely had to choose a favorite time in my life so far:

I'd choose right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment