Thursday, April 5, 2012

We basked in the sun yesterday. 
Robs picked flowers and we decorated her braid. 
Squish found sticks twice her size and waved them at the sky. 
Enriqueboy skidded his tires on the pavement. 
I spread out a blanket for Squish and set her down gently.  With toys. 
And then I placed one of our two porch rockers so that only my legs were in the sun.  
...I loved it for all of three seconds. Squish tossed me a look that said "You must be kidding" and took off after the pirates and their wheels. 

Post-Nap Squish is completely different from No-Nap Squish.



Earlier in the day we'd gone for a run.
I put Squish in the stroller as we were about to leave, and when I turned around she was sound asleep- thirty little seconds.  

Yesterday afternoon was everything Spring should be.  
(Complete with the chance of snow today.)

Yes. There are some crazy parts to our life... as there always will be- but I love (love! LOVE!) all of everything. 
Right now. As it is.
It feels content. 


Aaaaaand because a good friend requested it... Here's the outside of our house!
To the left is our park and to right (but not pictured) is one of our two neighbors. (The other one is behind us, and down a little ways.)  
Just for fun, this one will be the "Before" shot.  The "After" will be after I tweak a couple things, place some lawn ornaments (ducks, bunnies, maybe a deer or two) and research gardening.

HAPPY THURSDAY! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love it! So pretty and not crammed between other houses. How exciting!! I love your posts, your writing style is so entertaining and fun. And your kiddos are so darn cute.... for a while I forgot Squish's actual name, but now I remember. :) She's a doll.

    ReplyDelete