Monday, April 30, 2012

Just. Like. That.

This morning Robs let me know the piano key was stuck. Again. 
Yesterday it was fine. Today it was not.


Thoughts of two thousand dollars ran through my head.  It seems everything costs two thousand dollars lately. Fix the roof? Two thousand. Build a fence? Two thousand. Dig a hole? Two thousand. Take a breath? Two thousand. Fix the piano? Two thousand. 

But the key wasn't just stuck- it had completely given up. That key had gone to see the Pearly Gates, lost it's will to live, and found it's final resting place while two thousand little dollars ran around my head.

...unless...unless...unless...

I opened up the top to look inside.  See those cylinder shaped pieces? One had popped off and tempted fate by resting on the very edge of wherever it normally sits. One millimeter more and it would have fallen to my two thousand dollar doom.

Praise Be. I picked it up and fixed it. 
I fixed it.

In my head I saved a grand total of two thousand dollars, just. like. that. 

1 comment: