Monday, February 27, 2012

Take a Number.

It's official.  We purchased a black hole.

I'd been suspecting it... but I knew for sure when I walked into the room with the fireplace and looked up into TWO HUGE GAPING (black) HOLES.

The plumber had cut them to try and find from where the leak was starting.  (I'll give you a hint- it was the master bath.)  And the only reason I knew was because of the third gaping hole behind where the toilet should have been.

At that point I laughed.  When we were deciding on Homeowner's Insurance- we went with a more affordable option, because, get this- I DIDN'T THINK WE'D EVER REALLY USE IT.  I really laughed as I called our insurance guy- and he told me he'd email me about the claim.

Email me? Really? About a leak in the plumbing?
Sounds great. Let me know when to check my inbox.

It's going to cost several hundred dollars to fix it... which is several hundred more than affordable.  (It would have been even more if Steve's dad were not so comfortable with awkward pauses.  But he handles them beautifully.)  Praise Be.





But here's the Good News: 

Due to the leak, we took the weekend at a much slower pace than we have for the past couple few ...and it was so nice.  I'm still CRAZY about getting the house done- but with everything on pause until the leak is fixed (Monday) it's nice to think about something else.

It's nice to laugh with the pirates...
It's nice to run...
It's nice to eat good food...

After two days off I've decided the basics are just so ...nice.

----------------------------------------------

We'll be moving in this weekend-
as long as there are no more leaks
or unwelcome surprises.

...As a precaution this week- we're only accepting nice surprises.
(The bad ones can take a number.) 






0 comments:

Post a Comment