Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On Wednesday.


We bought a cake on Monday, 
Enriqueboy fell in love.
We chose the one without the trucks, 
he screamed to the heavens above.

Robs left for school, first time in two weeks, 
Enriqueboy curled up with a book. 
I tried being sneaky with one quiet pic, 
He gave not even one look.


Robs lost a tooth- that's tooth number two.
This time without batting an eye. 
Her note to the fairy asked something important- 
a question of "HOW" not "why?"

In church we're reverent, but every so often, 
I need a good backup distraction.
A picture, a game, a glitter paint app, 
soothes most of their pirate-ish action.



All three of my pirates love the piano, 
with room for just two on that seat, 
but Squísh is compelling and once she's bigger 
it'll be a three pirate feat.

And speaking of Squísh,
she's quite the love, and is learning to use her fight, 
She smiles and babbles, and we know when she's teething, 
the woman has got a good bite.



And the weather? It's lovely... Fifty degrees!
It reminds me a bit of south...
It's delightful, I love it, I'm hoping it lasts... 
a gift horse- I won't look in the mouth.

Several weeks past, I went to Target 
thinking for sure it would snow, 
I outfitted the pirates in all weather gear, 
...that pond is freezing below.


Squísh turns one in just ten days, 
the very day my sister will wed.
Squísh likes her food cold, and her milk just right, 
and buttered whole wheat bread.

She enjoys playing toys and dollhouse with Robs, 
And Enriqueboy's vulnerable back.
Squísh and he come from the very same mold-
they both love a good natured attack.

1 comment:

  1. ah, I do love a good verse accompanied with stellar photos. you make my day :)

    ReplyDelete