Friday, October 14, 2011

Foto Friday: Week 6


This weeks' theme is Emotion.

I've been saving this picture for a couple weeks.
I've tried posting it several times but I couldn't ever hit 'publish.'


Nothing I wrote really embraced what I see...

It looks simple enough.
And if I had a wide angle lens, maybe you could see it too.

Right beyond the crop
I see five years of learning how to be a mom.
I see two pirates who fight so well, but can't go to sleep without the other.
I see three years of hand me downs,
And two children who think its great.

I see us...
clearing the dishes and letting them soak,
because the great outdoors were calling
and two pirates were itching to go.

I see love, and patience, and games, and listening, and books,
and dads, and grandparents, and uncles and aunts, and all the teeny tiny things that go
into making capable people
...Confident people.

I see two years of trying to make the world a pretty place...
and finally understanding it really is.

I see a community of people, and a neighborhood we've come to love.

I see two years of wishing I could leave...
and then having it come true-
only to realize I'm going to miss it.

We're moving again.
This time it's a big move... we're headed out west.
I'm excited... I'm happy... I'm thrilled to live close to family again.
But it hurts to leave so many people.

The trials, the challenges, the roaches...
oh the roaches... 
All of it has molded me into someone stronger.

A stronger woman
...A stronger wife.
...A stronger mother.

...Just thinking about it makes me emotional!


Now go check out Hilary at hAha!

10 comments:

  1. i love the foto, and the your words, as usual. where are you moving?? coming to cali??

    ReplyDelete
  2. *minus "the" - that's awkward. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah girl. You move me :) I loved reading this. Your words encompassed everything I love about life and overcoming trials. I'm so glad we're friends so I can benefit from the warm glow of your influence. Good luck on your happy trails.

    p.s. you best be emailin' me where you're moving to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you move me. now let's move you :) cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what everyone said! Love it all Christine!

    My guess....Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utah it is!! Although Cali would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever thought about writing a book? Or maybe writing for a newspaper or magazine. You would be awesome at it! And you could work from home.... Can't wait to hear all about the move. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But at least you're close to Cali! Come visit me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for moving to Utah!! I love reading your blog Christine. You are awesome. Can't wait to hear all about your trip back west. Keep in touch. Maybe we could get together sometime when you move back.

    ReplyDelete