Saturday, February 4, 2017

Forty degrees does wonders on my soul....


TODAY: The girls did a craft. / Mems spent majority of the day in her pull-up and only her pull-up. / Erik solved his rubiks cube for any/every audience he could wrangle. / We washed dishes and did laundry. / We played on the swings in the backyard. / We had a basketball game and cousins over to play. / We took a bike ride to the park. (It was wet, and slushy - but so very worth it.)


And all of these together reminded me just how much I love summertime.

I can't wait for it to warm up.


(On the side: As I was leaving for the basketball game, I told the girls I'd pay them real money if they shoveled the iceberg at the end of our driveway. They did - and did almost all of it all by themselves! But then later I heard stories of how they accidentally hit each other a couple times with wet shovels of snow during the process. (I laughed on the inside - and secretly wished I could have seen that in person. I love these girls.) I offered them each a dollar and a "THANK YOU!" for their work - but Robs practically marched in place with a sign. (...Girlfriend might have politics in her future.) I upped it to two. Robs was barely satisfied, and Mae carried it with her for the rest of the afternoon.)


Best Saturday of the year so far...

0 comments:

Post a Comment