Monday, August 15, 2016

Erik's Baptism: (wayy back in August)

Erik's Baptism Day was everything we wanted it to be! It was on a hot, sunny beautiful day - and he was surrounded by family. (On the day he was blessed, just a couple weeks after he was born, it was just Steve, myself and Robs. Which was sweet in a different way, but I remember making a silent promise to myself that things would be different when he was baptised. And they were!) Family is a big deal!


This child of mine is amazing. He's kind. He's funny. He loves dressing sharp. And when he makes decisions, he doesn't doubt them. I love that about him. Going into this day, you could tell he knew what he was doing, and had decided he was going to do it. If he was even the slightest bit nervous, he didn't show it!


It's funny how long we think about things... and then they happen so fast. Just like that, he was a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  (He chose that bow-tie all on his very own.) I've watched him start to realize what it means to be a member of this church. One day, out of the blue, he asked me how to pay tithing and when the next Fast Sunday was so he could fast with us. I've also seen him listen to the feelings he gets as he makes decisions. He talks to me about it - and I love it. (Conversations like that are some of the perks of this job.) I love this boy of mine!


(This picture is one of my favorites. There's so much happening! Reesie slept through it all.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment