Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter morning, this year, was memorable. (Which is a nice way to remember it.)

On the Wednesday before Easter I got my hair cut. The hairdresser was super nice, but she was coughing and sneezing a lot. I showered afterwards (because, obviously) - but it didn't save me from whatever she had. And on Saturday morning, whatever it was that she had, I had

But life doesn't ever slow down, really. I spent Saturday doing what we normally do. Soccer games, cleaning, shopping... and by Saturday night I felt even worse. So when Sunday morning came, and went... 

Robs was mortified. My little lover of holidays was pretty sure we were never going to celebrate Easter, and let me know it in a couple different ways. (First thing in the morning, a note by my bedside, and a dramatic, tear-filled reminder from my doorway.) I let her know how much I love her, and then I reminded her that her mother had contracted the plague. (I love parenting.) 

I lounged a bit. Steve and I talked. The pirates played. And around eleven o' clock I was feeling better - so Steve and I hid the eggs and baskets.


And then everything started turning right. We talked about Easter, briefly. (Robs was relieved.) We hunted baskets and eggs. We straightened up and got ready for church. (I stayed home with Reese.) 

By the afternoon I was feeling much better. (Easter miracle!) I got dressed to go see Robs sing in Relief Society with a couple of her friends. And then we went to Easter dinner with Steve's family. 


It started out dramatic. And lackluster. But it was our first Easter with all five of our pirates. (Reese was thrilled with the chickies and colored baskets.) It wasn't perfect. It was memorable. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment