Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Uncle Duty, Part Two.


My brother Dave has got to be one of the coolest people on this planet. For reals. My pirates think so. I think so. I can think of a bunch of other people who feel the same. So...

More often than  not, we go to my mom's house for dinner on Sunday evenings. And every time my pirates see Dave's car parked in the driveway, at least one of them squeals. And then after we finish our meal, almost like clockwork, one of my three will come asking (shoes in hand) to see if they can go for a ride with Dave in his awesome car. (It has some acceleration that Robs reminds me about when we merging onto the freeway.)

Dave is cool. He plays. He laughs. He shows them shark videos on YouTube. He compliments my girls, and cheers for my Erik. He helps all three of my pirates fine tune their longboarding skills. And he sends them spinning over the ravine on the swings in my mom's backyard. He takes his Uncle Duty seriously, and I love him for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment