Thursday, December 5, 2013

thirty feet up


Yesterday afternoon I picked up Robs from school. Ten minutes before her lesson, I remembered she had piano. We practiced all three songs one more time, and then I drove her one block away. We came back. I purchased rubber mats for our car. (Winter arrived two days ago.) Squísh told me she'd had an accident. Erikboy was putting in a load of laundry. Em told me she was hungry. Squísh started crying. (She hates wet clothes.) Erikboy told me the washer door was broken. Em still needed food. I changed Squísh's clothes. I went to put them in the washer - but it actually was broken. I left them on the floor and picked up Em. I sat down to feed her. It was time to get Robs. I called and said she could walk home. (She was entirely delighted.)

I've been meaning to grocery shop this week. We're completely out of bread, milk, eggs, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, and yogurt - and now It's Thursday. But Em is fed. Squísh is dry. Erikboy is helpful, and Robs is delightful. (She's pretty good on that piano too.) 

Success.



0 comments:

Post a Comment