Monday, November 26, 2012

Five of Us.

Last night we sat on the couch in front of the Christmas tree. All five of us- piled onto only two cushions. At one point Steve tried the third, unused cushion, but squeezed back in only seconds later. We keep the thermostat set to a balmy 58 degrees- and the lonely cushion was too cold. Erikboy balanced himself precariously on Steve's legs. Robs sat half on his shoulders, half on the back of the couch and Squish cozied herself on my lap. We talked. Erikboy launched himself off the couch. Robs laughed herself silly, and when we asked nicely Squish sang us her songs. I adore our family.



I find Squish beneath the tree a couple times a day. She'll grab a book or her baby and lay there quietly, content. I'm convinced that being happy with what you have (whilst growing and learning, of course) is the secret to a wonderful life. That and sharing only two couch cushions when there's three.

3 comments:

  1. 58 Degrees! That is sooo cold! I used to be able to do that, but now I am wussy and have to have it at 67!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Steph. I used to keep it cold, and now I keep it at 67. Brrrrrr. And I love the pics of Squish!

    ReplyDelete