Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Parkerman to the rescue.





In a miraculous turn of events- the pirates found friends. They live two houses down, their names are Parker and Chase- and they saved our summer. And I love them for it.
I was organizing yesterday, which, to Enriqueboy, is right up there with getting a paper cut or having his eye poked. He was begging for coloring, play-doh, anything... and I was thirty seconds away from granting any/all of the above when we heard Parker's scooter. 
Sweet relief!
My pajama clad pirate was out the door in under a second. With Parker our deck became a pirate ship, the extra swing became an anchor, the couch cushions became a fort and Squish became a tiger. But that wasn't all. The play-doh became a hair salon, the pirates became Barbers, and then when it started raining? 
Everything only got better.

As a parent so much of my day is monotony. Organizing, cleaning, feeding and keeping our lives running smoothly sometimes takes priority over playing... but when friends show up and unknowingly pick up what I cant? I love those little friends that much more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment