Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lesson Two: How to be a Pirate / A Realization.


Squísh was a lot smaller for Lesson One. 
Lesson Two was more of a hands-on experience: squealing, dropping things, pulling faces...
 After everything wrapped up, Squísh asked to be called Professor Squísh during Lesson Three; as she'd like to be the instructor next time.

Babies learn fast.






And on kind of the same note...

Robs goes to school around noon. 
But yesterday at noon, all I could show for my time was three breakfasted (not breastfed) children and two clean windows. 

One.   Two.

On days like that I feel antsy.  I give myself ultimatums like: get something done soon or purchase a yacht, right now.

But last week I vowed to give up my self prescribed ultimatums, so I ignored my own head and happily got ready to take Robs to school.  Getting ready is strict policy now.   One day last week I didn't- and it happened to be the one day I had to walk her in to class.  Oh the shame. 
I relied heavily on my inner confidence to get to and from our auto and then called my mother afterwards.

However, in getting ready- I started thinking things through. 
And I realized... my day so far hadn't been just breakfast and windows. 

Because I didn't just serve them breakfast: I fed them carrots, spinach, blueberries, bananas, and yogurt- with a side of cheerios and milk all before nine o' clock a.m.


I didn't just clean two windows: I fostered their growing independence and practical experience by having them pick a window to spray- and wipe it clean.  (They loved it- they always do.)

And technically, it wasn't even two windows.  It was four: because I caught the morning breeze with the pirates while we cleaned the out side of the window and made faces at Squísh.  

--------------------------------------
It was one of those beautiful realizations 
and far less intense than a yacht transaction  

3 comments:

  1. rats, we almost got a yacht? ;)

    remind me tell you the fuzzy pink slipper story...it is very much like your school story....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catch me on the right day... and there's a good chance of a yacht!

      Delete
  2. thank you. I need to be gentle like that.

    ReplyDelete