Thursday, December 1, 2011

aquariums.




On Black Friday the pirates and I met my family at the aquarium. 
My grandmother, who I have not seen in years came too... 
Because aquariums are fun for all ages.

Right outside the electric eel exhibit, they have two little electric buttons- 
Placed for the sole purpose of shocking your fingers. For fun. 
After our entire group had shocked ourself (some more than others), 
we asked my pirate's great-grandmother if she wanted a try. 

She gave us this look I will never forget, and made her eyes as big as they could go.
On the outside she said, "No, I don't want to shock myself." 
On the inside she said, "You've lost your marbles."
I love her.

My favorite part was the penguins.
My least favorite part was the cockroaches.

My second favorite part was the glow in the dark scorpions.
My second least favorite part was leaving.

Apparently (say all the posters and advertisements) they're getting otters in January.
Which means I might have re-evaluate my most favorite part.
Otters are darling. 

Almost as darling as my grandmother. 
We'll be back in January.

0 comments:

Post a Comment