Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One is silver.

When I started kindergarten I lived in Arizona. 
I loved it.
I loved the desert. 
I loved the parks at night time.
I loved filling my papers with pictures of cacti and sand.

We moved halfway through the school year.

On my last day we sang a song about making new friends, and keeping the old. 
One being silver, and one being gold.
I swung on the swing and kicked the dirt with my best friend Molly. 
I remember feeling so sad and wondering 
how a whole little world could go on without me in it.
-----------------------------
When we found out we were moving- I was excited, of course. 
But sad too, because Robs would inevitably feel something similar.

Perhaps it's why I obsessed over documenting her first kindergarten.


...Her commute to school.


Her classmates, her teachers, her best little friends...


...and her last little goodbye.

I don't think she thought about crying... but I did. 

I wanted to. 
Change is so difficult. 
Leaving people is so difficult. 
It took me two years to finally like the place- and as soon as I did... we left.

Her whole class signed their names to a piece of paper with a
little "I love you" or a heart and a smiley face. 
I'm going to keep it for always...
along with that little note from Isaac. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment