Thursday, November 10, 2011

On this day in history...




We took a walk to the park to check on our lame duck
and feed him corn pops.

When we got back, I scrambled to make dinner
while the pirates clamored for popsicles and 
Squísh begged for broccoli soup.
It was delicious and homemade, not-by-me.

For my non-vegetable eaters, 
I made Mac-and-Cheese with heaping portions of butternut squashes. 
Robs called me out, but said she loved it anyway, 
Her exact statement?
...and I quote:
"You can make it this way from now on."

This is huge.
This is progress.
This is generational.

Can you imagine my future grandchildren? 
Wondering why their food is so tasty? 
Only to find out what they are eating is Mac and Cheese 
with heaping portions of butternut squash?

I'm laughing.

1 comment:

  1. I fooled my husband with butternut squash mac. So creamy and sweet. And no one had an achy tummy after devouring it like we normally would with regular. I love you, squash :)

    ReplyDelete