Wednesday, August 24, 2011



Jake was a great dog.

He died this morning...
and it's got me kind of weepy.

Part of me feels ridiculous...
Cause there's worse that happens...

But for the past twelve years...
he was a big part of coming home.

You'd walk in the door... and he wouldn't rest until he'd licked you somewhere on the face.
It didn't matter how long it had been since you last came home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I called my parents this evening.
They were out to eat,
as the house felt a little too quiet.

And now I'm homesick.
And it's raining.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Christine. I loved hearing your stories about Jake when we were roomies in Utah. He sounded like a good friend and member of the family. All dogs go to heaven, I believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I'm so sorry for your loss:( I hope you feel better soon, it's not easy to lose a loved pet!

    ReplyDelete