Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Heaven.

In June we...
Packed all of our belongings and moved
(from one hot and humid part of Louisisauna to another)
Drove fourteen hours to the moon.
(the moon has much better weather this time of year)
Stayed for a while.
Drove another ten hours to what (I discovered) is my favorite place in all the world.
Quite literally. Heaven on Earth.

Zion, if you will.

The pictures...
(taken on a camera purchased secondhand for thirty one dollars several years ago)
I love 'em.

The water was freezing.
And deep. Very deep in some places.
And awesome.
Very awesome.
Go. Your very first chance.
(Zion's National Park is waiting for you.)



4 comments:

  1. you know, all the years I lived in that part of the country, I never actually stopped at the park, only drove through it. Those pics make me wanna check it out close up, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same story...

    ...but I've seen the light. The place is amazing. We'll be going back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! And great pictures!! We'll definitely be making a trip there ASAP now after getting the visual reminders!! We miss you guys and hope you're having a fabulous getaway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks amazing!! I might have to check out Utah someday afterall!

    ReplyDelete