Monday, January 11, 2010

Today:

I don't even have the words.
I'm trying... honestly, I am... to put this in some witty... creative way...
It's just not working.

Today was quite the day.

It started out normal.
I mean, there were the usual ups and downs... like Erik being EXTREMELY fussy...
or Robyn asking me from the stroller to "please run"...
as I was already doing so.

But those are the normal things.
I had high hopes for the day.

Why? We found someone...
three someones, actually... who want take our lease
and make it their own.

I won't bore you with the whole soggy story, and months of background information...
we'll just take a shortcut and say that
finding these three individuals proved to be
a faint glimmer
of something at the end of a very loooooooooooong tunnel.

Let's call that glimmer, Hope. For the sake of the story.

And then I went to the management office where that Hope was
promptly taken through the shredder
twice
doused with gasoline
and paired with a burning match.

And not only that... they treated the people I came with
(GRADUATE Students in Engineering, mind you...)
(who happen to be Asian with a thick accent)
(and easily twice as intelligent as any of the soggy individuals working that day...)
like toddlers.

I was at a loss for words.
If I were criminal... I would know just what to do.
If I were a mob boss... I would also know what to do.

I am neither.

So I left the office and drove straight to pick up Steve.
(A half hour drive... plenty of time to think.)

Twenty minutes later
a sweet, dainty, little...
Louisiana State Police mobile
rode my bumper
and turned on its lights.

Not for speeding.
(I was going a MPH under...)

Not for swerving in and out of lanes.
(No need to do that, as there is no such thing as traffic in this forsaken state...)

and certainly not for engaging in organized crime whilst driving
(though tempting... I am just not that kind of girl...)

Looking back...I still don't know why.
(Perhaps it is because our car is red?)

I started crying just like the wee little babe I felt like...
and then laughing at myself-
because of the hilarity of everything...

But....as it turns out, tears and pathetic laughter are a winning combo.
It worked.

He handed me back my license and told me to drive safe.

Photobucket

And now I am in my own home.
And everyone is tucked in and sleeping.

Here's to tomorrow...
may it be slightly better.

5 comments:

  1. I hope tomorrow is a lot better. I'm sorry to day was been such a roller coast.... with only the down hill plunges. I hope tomorrow is full of ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oH my dear! This will all make tomorrow seem like Christmas all over again compared to today. Hope you sleep like a baby and put this one waaaay behind you. Miss u guys, call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH CHRISTINE!!! I hope that today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope today was a much better day for you (and that tomorrow will be, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness. Have a GRAND day today. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete