Tuesday, November 4, 2008

V-O-T-E-D with the best of 'em.



Steve and I had a bet going... I thought the lines would be shorter at seven in the morning. He was betting nine thirty: the loser had to make cookies. When I left the polls at 8:00, there was no line. Not even a wait. I contemplated keeping this tidbit of information to myself, in hopes that at 9:30 there would be a massive voter turnout. But I thought better of it and told him. He was there, voted, and back in fifteen minutes, and I'll be making cookies this evening. Chocolate chip seems fitting. HAPPY VOTING DAY!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I thought there would be fewer people at 10....it took 45 minutes but at least Bauer behaved himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear... maybe I was more right than I thought. 8:00 apparently was the magic hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brings a whole new meaning to the saying 'victory is sweet!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so late with this comment, but down here in Garhgia, the polls were jam packed from 6:30 am till 8 am ... guess when Jonathan was there. Elena and I cruised through at 2 pm. The thing that took the longest was getting her in the stroller. Go America!

    ReplyDelete